Hazelgrove JMI School
By Christine Martindale
Hazelgrove School opened in 1954 to serve the growing population of South Hatfield. By 2004 with empty school places and the risk on numbers continuing to fall plans were proposed to merge the school with Five Oaks School in Travellers Lane. The buildings of Five Oaks were remodelled and refurbished. The new school was to reopened in Sept 2004 and renamed de Havilland Primary School.