Broad Oaks School
By Jean Cross
Broad Oaks School was opened in 1956 with the school moving into the buildings in 1957. Hatfield was expanding with the building of South Hatfield to take London overspill and presumably catered for children from the Birds and Oxlease areas.
In the 1990s, the Junior school was merged with the infant school, Bishop’s Wood, to become Five Oaks.
With the merger and subsequent closure of Hazelgrove School in 2004, the name was changed to De Havilland School.
Link to the school web site http://dehavilland.herts.sch.uk/ [link opens in a new tab]