Birchwood Methodist Church
By Jean Cross
The original Birchwood Methodist Church was built on the corner of Birchwood Avenue and Homestead Road during 1936 and opened in 1938.
It was demolished in 2013 having been vacated in 2007 but brought back into use in 2009 as the recession stopped plans for a replacement.
The new church was finally built and opened in 2014/15